Monday, May 2, 2011

I can't believe it's May!




Hello everyone! It has been a while since I have posted anything. I do see that I have a couple new followers, so I want to welcome you!

We have been pretty busy the last few months. We had decided in January that we needed a nice holiday, to keep our minds off of the waiting, and because it may be a while before we can take two weeks to go to Europe! So we spent my birthday in London for a week, and then a week in Paris! It was such a wonderful experience, the history, the art, the people and the food!

We still have not had any contact from potential birth parents. I have to say that I feel very removed from the whole thing. It doesn't feel real. We still have not switched bedrooms, or painted. In the back of my mind I keep telling myself that we should get going on that, but it just feels like we are playing at becoming parents. Which is why it probably is a good idea to prepare the nursery, as it will be a real step, nesting if you will, towards us becoming parents.

It has been 11 months since we became paper pregnant. Next month it will be a year. This means we have to go into the IAC and update our home study. We have to get another letter from our doctors, saying we are still healthy. This also means that we will now be on the Last Minute Placement list. So if there is a woman who decides at the last minute that she wants to place her baby for adoption, say at the hospital, during or after labor, our profile will be shown to her as long as we are compatible, and she may decide that she wants us to parent her child. Wow, see it probably is a good idea to get our bedrooms in order! That would be a whirlwind, getting a phone call that you have been picked and the baby is ready to go home right then! Has that happened to any one out there?

I hope everyone is enjoying springtime. Here is a pic of Adam and me by Notre Dame.

No comments:

Post a Comment