Thursday, May 27, 2010

We are official

Yesterday I received in the mail, a letter that stated, that our file and letter(dear birthmother) have been approved! So now we will be officially waiting. I know I grumbled about getting all of the paperwork and other stuff done, but at least that was in my hands. I was actively doing something to get us closer to becoming parents. Now, I have to let go, and see if our website, or profile letter sparks something in a potential birthmother.

For anyone that knows me, they will tell you that I hate waiting. I think the hardest part is going to be the unknown time line. We can go months without any contact, or we can be matched quickly. Luckily for us, we have a lot of preparing to get done for our bedroom and the second bedroom. Since our room now will be the nursery, and the front bedroom will be our room. We need to get rid of some more stuff in the front bedroom, and redo the closet, and then paint. Also the nursery will need to get painted. We were thinking that a painting party with some friends and family might be a fun way to get a lot of work done, and also involve them in the preparation process. This weekend, we hope to purge more stuff that we do not need, and then we can go from there.

So, yep.... we are official! I am pretty excited and nervous, and Adam is calm and cool as per usual.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's a very exciting time! I'll look forward to following your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on going live! We are starting our home study and letter and hope to have everything approved by the end of summer. I will enjoy having control of the situation while we still can! I am excited to share in this journey with you and others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! We are working on our formal application right now and hope to be official soon too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! It is exciting to have all that work pay off by becoming "paper pregnant!"

    ReplyDelete